My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Monday, April 16, 2007

Amos 2

Israel not exempt

Summary:
God will destroy Moab for her sin. As with Judah and Israel.

The Israelites deny justice and are incestuous. God took you out of Egypt and destroyed the Amorites before you. God gave you prophets, whom you silenced. The fastest and strongest will not escape God's wrath.

Key verse:
6. For three sins of Israel,
even for four, I will not turn back

My thoughts:
Finally, we see now a focus of the list of the nations God will punish. It's point seems to be that God will punish Israel (and Judah) just as he would punish all other nations. They are not special in that regard. In fact, the length of the diatribe against Israel suggests that they are the worst sinners. I believe Amos was based in Israel rather than Judah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home