My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Amos 4

Fat cows

Summary:
You fat cows! You will be hooked! Go and sin in Bethel and Gilgal! Boast about your 'holiness'! You love it.

You haven't turned to me in the good or the bad. I made life suck for you, but you didn't realise that you had to turn to me. Prepare to meet your maker...

Key verse:
1. Hear this word, you cows of Bashan on Mount Samaria,
you women who oppress the poor and crush the needy
and say to your husbands, "Bring us some drinks!"

My thoughts:
This is a brilliant verse. It was my favourite for some time, until it was replaces by Isaiah 4:1. So when you call women 'cows', you're using Bible talk! Fantastic.

Ah... I remember the days when context was irrelevant. I wonder how on earth I found this verse...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home