My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Thursday, April 19, 2007

Amos 5

Justice like a river

Summary:
Israel has fallen, never to rise. They will be decimated. Don't hope in your cities, but hope in God. God is powerful, but you reject everything that is good. You exploit to get nice houses, but God won't let you live in them. God can see your sin. Do what is good!

You look for to God's great day. Why? It'll be terrible! It's like running from a lion into a bear with snakes for fingers. That's not fun! God hates your religiousness! He wants justice! You will be exiled for your idols

Key verses:
21-24. I hate, I despise your religious feasts;
I cannot stand your assemblies.

Even though you bring me burnt offerings and grain offerings,
I will not accept them.
Though you bring choice fellowship offerings,
I will have no regard for them.

Away with the noise of your songs!
I will not listen to the music of your harps.

But let justice roll on like a river,
righteousness like a never-failing stream!

My thoughts:
I probably say this a lot, but how often do we replace all that God values with religion. God values relationship and justice, but we so often just follow religion, because it's so much easier.

This is me as a teacher. Awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home