My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Monday, April 23, 2007

Amos 9

David... of the North!

Summary:
God ordered the pillars to be destroyed so that no-one survived. There is nowhere anyone can hide. God is pretty powerful. The cosmos is his house. Israel is like any other sinful nation. God will destroy her.

But God will restore his nation to prosperity again. David will be restored.

Key verse:
11. In that day I will restore
David's fallen tent.
I will repair its broken places,
restore its ruins,
and build it as it used to be

My thoughts:
It's interesting reading Amos because of its Northern flavour. There is, however, much Southern influence on the book, and Amos himself appears to be a Southerner. Here we have direct reference to David's dynasty, which is really only a Southern concern.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home