My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Sunday, April 01, 2007

Hosea 4

Men are worse than woman

Summary:
Instead of acknowledging God, you just lie and murder. The land mourns and your accusations are points. I'll kill your mum. The more priests you have, the more sin you have. So you will never be satisfied. You will look to wood and stone for answers. Your daughters won't be guilty when they become prostitutes because it is the men are worse. Judah should leave Israel alone. They're about as sinful as you get.

Key verse:
14. I will not punish your daughters
when they turn to prostitution,
nor your daughters-in-law
when they commit adultery,
because the men themselves consort with harlots
and sacrifice with shrine prostitutes

My thoughts:
It's nice to see some recognition that prostitution isn't just a female problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home