My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Monday, April 02, 2007

Hosea 5

Beating into submission

Summary:
All Israel should know, from top to bottom, that God knows what they've done. They will not find God, and they aren't allowed to return. Ephraim will be crushed, and Judah's leaders lie. God is their rot. Ephraim turned to Assyria for help, but that didn't help. God will destroy them until they come back out of sheer desperation.

Key verse:
15. Then I will go back to my place
until they admit their guilt.
And they will seek my face;
in their misery they will earnestly seek me.

My thoughts:
I guess when you truly are all-powerful like God you can use the pummel-them-into-submission strategy. Nasty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home