My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Hosea 7

Oven-like peoples

Summary:
It's like they forget that God remembers their sin. The princes are drunkards. They are more hot-headed than ovens.

Israel refuses to turn to God. They are like doves with no sense of direction, and God will trap them. Useless.

Key verse:
15. I trained them and strengthened them,
but they plot evil against me.

My thoughts:
It's interesting that the dominant form of prophecy in the Old Testament is slagging Israel and Judah off. You could put this down to many reasons, but I would rather say that it was a genuine statement from God about his dissatisfaction with how things had turned out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home