My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Thursday, April 12, 2007

Joel 1

Locusts and sacks

Summary:
Let all the generations know! Has there ever been a locust swarm so bad? The nation has been attacked and it's produce taken. Mourn because of this.

Fast, repent and wear sackcloth! God's judgement is coming. Our food has run out but I call to God.

Key verse:
13. Put on sackcloth, O priests, and mourn;
wail, you who minister before the altar.
Come, spend the night in sackcloth,
you who minister before my God

My thoughts:
Joel is mostly famous for his middle chapter, which Peter quotes in the New Testament.

The Hebrew word for sack is sack.

I suspect this locust plague represents a foreign invading army. But it could just be a locust plague.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home