My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Jonah 1

I will not go to Nineveh. I will go the other way.

Summary:
God told Jonah to prophesy to Nineveh for their sin, but he ran off and took a boat to Tarshish. During the trip there was a big storm, and when the sailors realised that Jonah was running from a powerful God, the threw him overboard after struggling against the storm for a while longer. After this, a big fish swallowed Jonah.

Key verse:
3. But Jonah ran away from the Lord

My thoughts:
Ah Jonah. The reluctant prophet. His story is favoured by early Christians, but I'm not sure why. Maybe because he had to deal with the fact that God forgave gentiles.

Yea, you can't really run from God. It doesn't work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home