My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Thursday, May 10, 2007

Habakkuk 2

Arrogant but useful. Just like me!

Summary:
God: Ok, write this down because it reveals the future. Sure, Babylon is arrogant and violent, but submission will give life. It'll suck for extortionists! Babylon will have conquered the world, but they will be conquered. I've already planned for people's work to be futile. Soon the earth will be covered with God's clearly apparent reality.

Don't do daterape, or you'll get dateraped yourself. Idols are useless, but God is in his temple.

Key verse:
14. For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord,
as the waters cover the sea.

My thoughts:
This is a difficult chapter to comprehend, but I think it's simply referring to Babylon's judgment after God has finished using them.

Yea, so you might've picked that Habakkuk is all about Babylon and God's relationship to them and how he uses them in response to some theodical questioning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home