My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Friday, May 11, 2007

Habakkuk 3

So Habakkuk prayed

Summary:
God, do great deeds again! God was awesome, and terrifyingly powerful. You controlled everything and are eternal. You split the earth, and the splits are now rivers. Nature fears you, yet you deliver your people.

It was terrible when they attacked. I'm waiting for their downfall. Despite all this, I trust God. He makes me strong.

Key verse:
18. yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.

My thoughts:
As I read verse 18, I feel that this is a decision rather than a feeling. Habakkuk has decided to rejoice, rather than just it happening naturally. We need to do the same. We need to decide to do what we know we are to do, rather than being governed by changing feelings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home