My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Micah 3

One true prophet

Summary:
You should know justice, but you eat people instead! God won't hear your cries. The prophets conform to the will of the people. So you will be in darkness, and God will speak no more.

But I, Micah, have the Spirit and can proclaim your judgment. You accept bribes, and expect God to look aside. But you will be punished!

Key verse:
8. But as for me, I am filled with power,
with the Spirit of the Lord,
and with justice and might,
to declare to Jacob his transgression,
to Israel his sin.

My thoughts:
This sounds like arrogance, but when you know, you know.

I preached at church last night, and it was awesome. Like what God did rather than what I did. God really touched people's lives, and it was a privilege to be a part of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home