My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Sunday, May 06, 2007

Nahum 1

Nahum? You can't just make up books...

Summary:
About Nineveh.

God is vengeful, but is not angered easily, but when he is, he is powerful. He controls nature and no-one can stand against him. Nineveh will be flooded. They will be destroyed for opposing God. Your allies will flee, but Judah, your punishment is over. God will set your free.

But Nineveh will not be remembered. Judah will, however, get good news.

Key verse:
13. Now I will break their yoke from your neck
and tear your shackles away.

My thoughts:
For me, Nahum is a forgotten book. In general for Christians many of the minor prophets get largely forgotten, and though Obadiah and Zephaniah seem to enjoy some privacy, Nahum takes the cake for me as the book for which people say "Is that even in the Bible?". I will have read it a good 4 or so times in my life thus far, but it still manages to creep up on me sometimes.

If you love someone... set them free!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home