My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Saturday, May 26, 2007

Zechariah 10

God will look after Judah

Summary:
Ask God to look after you. He's the provider. Your 'holy men' and leaders are liars, and God will destroy them. You are lost without a real leader. God will look after Judah, and a great leader will come from her (OMGosh! Jesus!) .

Their people will be mighty again. God will bring all the people back and strengthen them.

Key verse:
4. From Judah will come the cornerstone,
from him the tent peg,
from him the battle bow,
from him every ruler.

My thoughts:
Jesus is referred to as the cornerstone/capstone in many parts of the New Testament, mostly referencing Psalm 118:22. But I'm going to claim this one too.

Wait!! Are cornerstone and capstone the complete opposite? Not the same? Gosh... I don't know anything about building! My whole theology is falling down around me! Ahh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home