My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Saturday, May 12, 2007

Zephaniah 1

God's not dead, NO! He is alive!

Summary:
God will kill everything. God will destroy Judah for turning from him to other gods. The day is near. God will punish everyone regardless of status. There will be great crying. Do not think that your God is idle.

The great day is near. There'll be wailing. There'll be war cries. Money will save no-one.

Key verse:
12. I will search Jerusalem with lamps
and punish those who are complacent,
who are like wine left on its dregs,
who think, 'The Lord will do nothing,
either good or bad.'

My thoughts:
A foolish but common thought that God is idle, and won't do anything. God's pace is different to ours, so some people can kid themselves into thinking that God is not idle.

Anyway, I'm up to date today! Hoorah! I haven't been up to date since November last year! That's well over six months ago, but today, I am up to date. Yay Pete!

I also got a complete NIV concordance, and Biblical Greek flash cards yesterday. Yay Pete!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anna said...

Pete, this one is for free...you are truely amazing.

10:51 pm

 
Blogger Pete W said...

I usually have to pay?

11:43 pm

 
Anonymous Mark said...

sweet, you caught up before the New Testament. The Old Testament is getting old...

9:31 am

 
Blogger Pete W said...

Soon... soon... soon even Deane won't be able to deny that the texts are talking about Jesus

3:34 pm

 
Anonymous anna said...

you know you do.

and the bill is in the mail.

5:43 pm

 
Blogger Pete W said...

excellent

9:57 am

 
Anonymous Deane said...

Pete:
Soon... soon... soon even Deane won't be able to deny that the texts are talking about Jesus

Deane:
Ha! Even funnier the second time I hear it.

BTW, how can you leave the Old Testament behind without reading 1 Enoch?

9:21 am

 
Blogger Pete W said...

You know well why!

1 Enoch is not in the Protestant Canon, and is, therefore, evil.

Plus it would make it more like The Bible in 1300 days, and that's just ridiculous. That would mean I'd have to change the entire website...

At the stage I will finish on about Feb 16 next year. Which means I have skillfully avoided all Leap years, which makes the maths for my "jump to a chapter" thingee on the right that much easier. If I did 1 Enoch, that would screw that up!

As you can see. It is inconvenient practically, and repulsive morally.

:D

1:05 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home