My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Matthew 10

War charge

Summary:
Jesus send out his twelve disciples with authority to heal. He told them only to go to Israelite towns, and to not carry any possessions. Look for a place to stay, but if no-one accepts you, then cleanse yourself of the town and move on. It'll be dangerous out there.

People, even family members, will try to stop you, but the Spirit will give you words to say. Remember, things flow from top down. You can tell a people by their leader.

Say everything clearly and boldly. God will look after you.

If you can't declare me now or if you choose your family over me, then you aren't worthy.

By accepting my disciples, people accept me.

Key verses:
16. I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.
38. anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

My thoughts:
Jesus openly states that he didn't come to bring peace, because through his families would become divided. That's controversial. So many people don't know enough about the real Jesus.

This seems to be written as instructions to all disciples, not just the twelve. It is Jesus' war charge. Don't be scared, don't hold on to anything to tightly. It'll be tough out there, but my Spirit will help you and the reward is great.

Again, there is nothing scripturally that promises us an easier life if we follow Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home