My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Luke 7

Sinners for Jesus

Summary:
A Jew-loving centurion came to Jesus so that his servant could be healed. He knew Jesus had the authority just to command it. Jesus loved his faith, and just did it.

Jesus raised a man who was in his coffin.

Jesus told John that he was the Messiah, as shown by his works. He told others that John was more than a prophet. He laid the foundation for Jesus himself. Jesus doesn't always play the games the people want.

Jesus ate at a Pharisee's place, when a sinner chick came in and anointed him with expensive oil. The Pharisee was shocked, but Jesus explained that if your big debt is canceled you are happier than if you only had your small debt canceled. Jesus forgave the woman for being more grateful than anyone else the present.

Key verse:
47. Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little.

My thoughts:
Jesus came for sinners. He really really did. Sinners make the best Christians, but we like to keep the worst ones out of church.

2 Comments:

Blogger Huggies said...

Wow...I haven't been here for awhile. Nice to see you're still going strong.

I gotta read some Matthew for girls group...maybe I'll come see wat you say about it.

Ok bye :)

7:40 pm

 
Blogger Pete W said...

How's girl's group going? I always liked girl's groups!!

Nice to cya back on!

7:36 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home