My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Sunday, August 19, 2007

John 9

Blindness of all types

Summary:
They asked Jesus whether a blind guy was blind cos of his sin or his parents sin. Jesus said neither, but that God's glory might be shown, and healed him,

The Pharisees checked him out and his blindness. They questioned him, but when he had nothing but praise for Jesus they kicked him out.

Jesus found him and told him to watch out for the spiritually blind - the Pharisees.

Key verse:
25. He replied, "Whether he is a sinner or not, I don't know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!"

My thoughts:
This is an honest testimony of a man. He doesn't pretend to understand or know anything beyond what he has experienced. So often we try to overthink God. We should be able to simply recognise what we have experienced and live based on that.

Even today too many Christians try to blame misfortune on sin. It is clear here that you can never say that for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home