My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Luke 15

Get lost. Get found.

Summary:
Jesus is more interested in the lost, then those who are sweet. He'll ditch the safe and secure sometimes to go after the lost.

It's like some kid who ditched his family, but his brother stay home like a good boy. When the kid came back broke, the Dad was keen as beans to take him back and give him everything back. The older brother thought that it wasn't fair, but it was like the kid had come back to life!

Key verse:
7. I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

My thoughts:
This is an awesome chapter about the compassion of God for the lost. We can never run too far away from him.

What is our heart? Are we willing to ditch the many to look after the one who needs it? I think I would be shamefully more interested in getting the glory of looking after 99 people than seeking the one loser who no-one likes.

55 days til Halo 3!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home