My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Saturday, September 22, 2007

Acts 22

Citizenshipness

Summary:
Paul explained that he was taught in all the law, and actually persecuted the Christians. He told his story of seeing Jesus, going blind, and being healed in Damascus. He explained how God sent him from Jerusalem to the Gentiles.

To settle people, they ordered Paul be flogged, but he was a Roman citizen, so that wasn't allowed. They took him before the Sanhedrin.

Key verse:
28. Then the commander said, "I had to pay a big price for my citizenship."
"But I was born a citizen," Paul replied.

My thoughts:
In the movies when someone give a stirring heart-wrenching speech, then people's minds change. In reality, people will do what they want anyway. Paul gave his testimony, and they still wanted to kill him. Was it a failed testimony? No. Success is in telling people, not in their response.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home