My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Monday, September 24, 2007

Acts 24

Terrorism laws

Summary:
The high priests came and sucked up to Felix, and said that Paul instigated riots. Paul claimed innocence, but admitted that he was a Christian. He told Felix that all he said was that he believed in the resurrection of the dead. Felix dismissed the court, but often sought Paul to speak to him. Paul shared the Gospel, but Felix wanted a bribe.

Paul was left in a nice low security prison, and Felix was eventually succeeded after two years.

Key verse:
14. However, I admit that I worship the God of our fathers as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that agrees with the Law and that is written in the Prophets

My thoughts:
Two years! Paul is a Roman citizen awaiting a verdict, but he still has to sit in prison awaiting the continuation of his trial. That's pretty dumb.

Paul doesn't shy away from his faith, but that's not that surprising!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home