My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Thursday, September 27, 2007

Acts 27

Shipwreck

Summary:
So Paul had a nasty boat ride via Cyprus and Crete. Paul knew it would be bad, but they didn't trust him and went anyway. So anyway, they got into a big storm, and got all freaked. They had run out of food. Paul was all cocky, cos he had predicted it, but assured them that they wouldn't die, but would run aground, but they weren't allowed to try and escape on the lifeboat.

After a couple of weeks they crashed at land, and though they were going to kill all the prisoners so they didn't escape, they were spared.

Key verse:
21. Men, you should have taken my advice not to sail from Crete; then you would have spared yourselves this damage and loss.

My thoughts:
I'm convinced that this is an eye-witness account of the boat ride. It is written from the first person perspective, and there are such nautically accurate details in the description. The exact number of passengers (276) are numbered. That's more people that I would've thought. It really was quite a voyage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home