My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Tuesday, October 30, 2007

1 Corinthians 16

Bye

Summary:
Make sure you sort our the gifts for Jerusalem before I get there, okay?

I might come to you later, but I want to do it properly, so we'll see. Be good to Timothy if you see him. Apollos might come later. Be loving. Take Stephanas as an example.

Everyone greets you. Cursed be those who don't love God.

Bye.

Key verse:
13. Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.

My thoughts:
So this is mostly just the final salutations. Stephanas is perhaps the jailer from Acts 16:33. Notice the mention of Aquila and Priscilla. Aquila is mentioned first here. The whole letter was probably scribed by someone other than Paul, but it is likely that he personally wrote verse 21 to prove that he is actually the author.

Obviously the practice of the early church was to give gifts to the Apostles, which is nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home