My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Wednesday, October 17, 2007

1 Corinthians 3

Pre-pubescent Christians

Summary:
I've had to take my time with you. You're not quite ready yet. You'll still quarreling like everyone else. Remember: There is no Paul or Apollos. Only God. I may've laid a foundation, which is Jesus, but others are building on it which is fine so long as they are keeping to the same foundation. If you cut corners when building, then it will become clear one day.

You are God's temple, so stop destroying yourself! Don't take any pride in earthly wisdom. Everything is yours already, because you are in Jesus and Jesus is in God.

Key verse:
16. Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?

My thoughts:
I don't quite get his point at the end, but that's okay. Basically this is a big call for the Corinthians to grow up. You can't trick God.

So yea, we're God's temple. So be holy etc. Yea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home