My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Thursday, October 18, 2007

1 Corinthians 4

Fools for Christ

Summary:
So see yourself as a servant of Jesus entrusted with his secrets. Prove yourself worthy, but don't rush in to judge others. When God judges, then there'll be no more secrets.

You have everything you need, but us Apostles have been left behind. The world despises us.

I just want you to be careful, because you have lots of peers, but not many mentors. Timothy will come and be a mentor.

It's up to you. I'll either be disciplining or caring when I come. That depends on what sort of arrogant people I find there.

Key verse:
9-10. or it seems to me that God has put us apostles on display at the end of the procession, like men condemned to die in the arena. We have been made a spectacle to the whole universe, to angels as well as to men. We are fools for Christ

My thoughts:
Paul isn't really that easy to follow sometimes!

Paul really is treating the Corinthians as children, which is quite amusing.

I wonder what Paul means when he says the Corinthians have everything they need and are like Kings, with the Apostles despised. I certainly understand the concept of becoming a fool for Christ. Shamelessness is a key virtue in my book. I mean God's book.

Perhaps he is referring to the fact that the Corinthians are spoonfed, and have everything they need, while the Apostles, their fathers, have to do the hard humiliating work to support their faith. I dunno.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home