My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Wednesday, October 31, 2007

2 Corinthians 1

Yes and Amen!

Summary:
From Paul and Tim. Praise God, our comforter. When he comforts, it overflows. So you share in our comfort and our sufferings! We've had a hard time in Asia, but it's okay. It makes us rely on God more.

We're stoked because we've done everything right, and hopefully you can be stoked about that too! I said I was coming to see you, but I wasn't able. I don't change my mind lightly. God doesn't break his promises. Jesus is always 'Yes'.

Key verse:
20. For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God.

My thoughts:
The promises of God are 'Yes' and 'Amen'! Is a quote I have often heard, but now having read the accompanying passage, I suspect that this is simply referring to the fact that when God makes a promise he keeps it! Will he keep it? Yes! and Amen!

So yea. Timothy helped write this letter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home