My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Thursday, October 11, 2007

Romans 13

Shopocolypse

Summary:
Don't go against the world authorities. You'll be fine if you do what you should. Pay your taxes. God put them there, and they aren't our enemies.

Love and don't let debts build up, either for yourself or those in debt to you. Let' get ready for Christs' return. Let's step our of the darkness and sinful acts and step into the light. Cover yourself in Jesus.

Key verse:
14. Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.

My thoughts:
I do like this last verse of the chapter. It simply puts everything in it's right context. The holy life we are to lead can be described as simply clothing ourselves with Jesus. Sweet. Stop living like the world.

Here's one way to stop living like the world - stop selling out to consumerism. Fair call. For a genius in his (very exclusive) field, go onto youtube and search "What would Jesus buy". It's pretty freaken' awesome. Prepare for the Shopocolypse.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Deane said...

Pete,

Talking about anti-consumerism, this Saturday is International Buy Nothing Day

And you'd know that Santa is an anagram of Satan. Santa is Evil, man.

Love,
Deane

10:23 am

 
Blogger Pete W said...

Sweet. I'll try to avoid buying things... though I dunno if I'll succeed, cos there's 21st I'm supposed to be at that night... hmmm...

6:08 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home