My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Saturday, October 13, 2007

Romans 15

Travel plans

Summary:
We shouldn't seek to please ourselves. We should help the weak. Be unified and accepting. I know that you're awesome. I speak from what I know from Jesus, and I've spoken in many many places. But not you yet, because I've been busy. But I'll come visit you on the way to Spain.

Keep praying and be blessed.

Key verse:
18. I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me

My thoughts:
Did Paul ever make it to Spain? We'll never know, this side of eternity. The Spanish think he did. But they would. Freaken Spanish... get your own Apostle...Anywho, realise that Paul's theology and speech comes from experience, not from his ever-creative mind or other extra-Biblical sources or traditions.

Paul did, of course, eventually make it to Rome, but he was mostly imprisoned there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Deane said...

Did Paul make it to Mesopotamia?

You know ... Sargon, Hammurabi, Ashurbanipal & Gilgamesh.

10:44 am

 
Blogger Pete W said...

You need to take more drugs

5:40 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home