My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Thursday, October 04, 2007

Romans 6

Slaves for life!

Summary:
We don't keep sinning because that part of us died. We die with Jesus at baptism, and start a new life. But Jesus was risen and now lives for God, and so shall we. Sin has no control any more.

Don't be a slave to sin. Become a slave to righteousness. It's a much better master! Sin leads to death. God leads to life.

Key verse:
23. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

My thoughts:
I remember sensing from God in a prayer time, and I said what I felt, that we were slaves no matter what. It was just a matter of who we wanted to be slaves to. I remember feeling awkward as I felt like the others in the room thought it was a weird thing to say, but I was right! It's right here!

We have to be slaves to righteousness. We need to carry a burden to do what is right. It's not popular, but who cares.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home