My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Monday, November 12, 2007

2 Corinthians 13

Father, Son, and Holy Ghost

Summary:
Ok, this'll be my third visit, and I won't be going soft. Despite any doubts, Jesus does speak through me, and he isn't weak.

Test your faith. I think you'll find you pass. We love making ourselves weak to make you strong.

In the name of the whole Trinity, ciao.

Key verse:
14. May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

My thoughts:
This is the closest thing you'll find to a clear mention of the Trinity in the Bible. It's not exactly the precise theology of the relationship between the three, but it does indicate a feel of significance of these three things which nothing else seems to have. It's very interesting.

I find the concept of testing your faith interesting. To me that would normally imply that Paul is trying to tell the Corinthians to pull finger, but he's actually very clear that this is to encourage the Corinthians more than anything else. Isn't that nice.

Okay, buh-bye childlike Corinthians! Hello, Judaising Galatians!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home