My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Tuesday, November 06, 2007

2 Corinthians 7

Prior offences

Summary:
We haven't wronged you in any way. Please love us like we love you. I know my last letter was a bit hard hitting. I don't like that you got hit hard, but I like that you repented. That was a good way to be hit; see what you've produced!

We're also stoked that Titus was well received. You lived up to your hype!

Key verse:
10. Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

My thoughts:
Sorrow is a big word to use here! I kinda toned it down my making it sound like a hit, or like hardship. Often sorrow doesn't fit into our picture of what God gives us, but it should.

Obviously Paul had causes a few offences in his previous letter, presumably 1 Corinthians (though it could be an intermediate letter). It wouldn't surprise me that it was 1 Corinthians, because 1 Corinthians was a bit of a kick in the bum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home