My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Monday, November 19, 2007

Ephesians 1

Bodilicious

Summary:
Thank God because he chose us and blessed us. He gave us Jesus, through whom we're forgiven. He's revealed the world's mysteries to us, which put all things in heaven and earth under Jesus. We were chosen to praise him. When you came to Jesus you were given the Spirit as a promise of your inheritance.

This is why I am so thankful for you. I keep wanting you to have more and more wisdom and revelation. I want you to know the inheritance you have! You have the same power that raised Jesus from death to complete authority over all and over the church his body.

Key verse:
22-23. God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body

My thoughts:
This occurs to me as Paul's zealous rant of excitement about what God's done. He's excited, and he's in the zone, and he is writing from his heart. It's actually a pretty good explanation of what God has done for us, and elates Jesus, and of course God, very highly. It is both very basic and very powerful at the same time.

So we're Christ's body. That's pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home