My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Ephesians 3

Paul's prayers

Summary:
I've already told you about how God revealed his mystery to me, how the Gentiles can share in Israel through Jesus. My mission to tell of this mystery was given to me by God. I certainly didn't meet any sort of standard to earn it. I'm here to make the mystery clear. My job is make the movers and shakers know God's revealed mystery. Don't worry about me and my imprisonment.

I pray and pray and pray that you'll know God's power, have Jesus in you, and know the full extent of his love. All glory to God!

Key verse:
17-18. I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ

My thoughts:
So now it becomes apparent that Paul is in some sort of hardship, most likely he is in prison. Yet this seems to be his most excited letter yet! Mind you there's quite a few to come, and from memory there is one that is probably written from his final, much harsher, imprisonment, and that one is pretty sobering. I should probably go find out what letter I'm referring to, but I'm too lazy.

Paul, it appears, is quite the intercessor. Prison is an opportunity for him to pray more.

Ephesians is cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home