My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Galatians 1

Other Gospels

Summary
From Paul, sent from Jesus.

Don't take other gospels than what I've said! They're crap! Those people are evil. I'm not trying to please people. My Gospel has nothing to do with what people have told me, I got it straight from. I got to know the other Apostles later. They haven't sent me. God himself has.

Key verse:
8. even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

My thoughts:
So Paul came to the Galatians saying that they didn't have to follow Jewish law, and that their salvation doesn't come from following such laws. Evidentally, however, others have come saying that they have to follow Jewish law. This is the other gospel Paul is referring to. Paul's point is simple. He hasn't made this up. No mere human has. His Gospel is from God, so don't disagree!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home