My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Monday, December 03, 2007

1 Thessalonians 1

Reputable

Summary:
Kia ora. We are alwasy reminded of how your faith makes you do what's right. You were filled with the Spirit when I came, and have become and example for your region. You have quite the reputation! You turn from your idols to the real God.

Key verse:
5. our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and with deep conviction.

My thoughts:
In this passage, I like the concept of faith-produced work, showing the centrality and primacy of faith, but also the requirement for our lifestyles and actions to change. I also like the key verse, making it clear that power trumps so-called wisdom.

Fun thymes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home