My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Friday, January 25, 2008

2 John 1

So I'm guessing this love this is important

Summary:
Yo lady! Shot on getting some Christian kids. Just make sure you keep loving each other. Some people say Jesus wasn't a physical person, so be careful against those who try to go 'beyond' Jesus' teaching. Anyway, I'll come and talk more.

Key verse:
9. Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God

My thoughts:
This is a quick letter which essentially makes the same point as the entire first letter. Love one another, and heretics are wrong so keep away from them.

We don't really know who the lady is, but this almost certainly has the same author as 1 John, who is referred to as the elder here, as in 3 John.

My point from this chapter is: don't be too tricky. Jesus gave clear teachings. If you think too hard and end up basically making beliefs which aren't grounded in Jesus, but just in complex thought then you're going down the wrong route!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home