My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Saturday, January 26, 2008

3 John 1

Good Gaius!

Summary:
Yo Gaius. I hear your faith is strong, and I hope you're health too. You've been good to your visitors. Continue this. Don't be like Diotrephes who wants everything for himself. Do good. Anyway, I'll come see you in person.

Key verse:
11. Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.

My thoughts:
So this is quite similar to 2 John in that it's a simple little letter to a specific person about some unhelpful people. Here the person is named. Not too much to say about this. It fits very simply into the theology and points of the Johannine letters.

I'd love to talk to people like Gaius in heaven. Just those side people of the Bible we know so little about. There are a few Biblical possibilities as to who it could be, but we really just don't know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home