My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Revelation 10

Bitter words

Summary:
Then a massive awesome angel came and he had a little scroll. He spoke in thunder, but I wasn't allowed to write it down.

He announced that upon the seventh trumpet, God's mission would be complete.

I was told to eat the small scroll. As I was told, it tasted good, but made my stomach sour. I was told I had to prophesy

to the world.

Key verse:
9. So I went to the angel and asked him to give me the little scroll. He said to me, "Take it and eat it. It will turn your

stomach sour, but in your mouth it will be as sweet as honey."

My thoughts:
This is very like Old Testament prophets and their call. By eating the scroll, the Word is inside John to prophesy. On

first glance it appears that the Word sounds all nice and good but has some serious implications.

Again, this is all build up to the final woe of the final trumpet.

If this is all imagery language used by the author, and not a simple recording of a vision, then why are there words spoken

which are secret and aren't recorded? Any answers to this I can think of seem a bit contrived. I genuinely believe that

John had this vision and Revelation is simply him relating his vision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home