My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Sunday, February 10, 2008

Revelation 14

The anti-beast

Summary:
And then the Lamb was on Zion with the 144,000 from before. They sang a new secret song with tremendous sound. The 144,000 were absolutely pure man-virgins.

Then an angel called on people to fear God. Another angel proclaimed Babylon's fall. A third angel made it clear that following the beast meant punishment. Those who die is Jesus are blessed.

Then a shiny son of man with a sickle came on a cloud to harvest the earth. Another angels will a sickle came, and was told to reap, and many people were squashed in a massive winepress.

Key verse:
1. Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads.

My thoughts:
This is, of course, the declaration of victory for God and Heaven over the events of chapter 13.

I'm not convinced that the son of man of verse 14 is Jesus. He doesn't seem to do much, and as far as I can tell, the Lamb is still present.

The warning of the angels imply to me that it won't be too late for the followers of the beast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home