My daily exploration of the Bible, taking it one chapter at a time. If I do it everyday, it'll take 1189 days.



Monday, February 18, 2008

Revelation 22

World without an end

Summary:
Then I saw the river of life flowing from God's throne. The tree of life was on the banks bearing crops every month. The leaves heal the nations. We, God's servants, will see God's face. This is all true.

"I'm coming soon! Do what this book says!". I, John, saw all of this and was told to tell the world.

"I'm coming soon! I'm the beginning and the end! Wash yourself clean. This message is from me, Jesus."

"Come if you're thirsty" says the Church and the Spirit. Don't add to this book nor take away.

Amen.

Key verses:
2. the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.
17. "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.

My thoughts:
This is it! The end of the Bible. And it's all good. I love the first key verse. The nations are now healing. Human history, a history of suffering, is over. This is the way our world ends.

The curses and plagues associated with subtracting and adding to this book is clearly referring to Revelation and not to the whole Bible.

Revelation is written with a point, and the point is this: "Come". Come, whoever is thirsty and take from God's water. As I finish this blog I encourage you to come drink from God's water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home